- No specific mention of VB6 or other legacy technology.
- Win32 and COM still available.
- VB6 Runtimes wont be there in Windows 8.
- Windows 8 will run all application that ran on Windows 7.
- x86 application wont run on ARM based Windows 8, including VB6 Apps.
- They are going to provide compilers to C, C++ developers to compile for Arm Windows 8.
- Available for x86, x64, ARM
- Hardware requirement same as Windows 7
- Target of running all application that ran on Windows 7
- Includes new UI style called Metro
- Includes new Metro UI style Touch based Desktop (Along with Old Desktop)
VB6 Runtimes are included in the Alpha Release.
Screenshot of VB6 running on Windows 8.